First kisses sometimes wake slumbering princesses, undo spells, and spark happily ever afters.
Mine broke Bale.
Seventeen-year-old Snow has spent her life locked in Whittaker Psychiatric—but she isn’t crazy. And that’s not the worst of it. Her very first kiss proves anything but innocent…when Bale, her only love, turns violent.
Despite Snow knowing that Bale would never truly hurt her, he is taken away—dashing her last hope for any sort of future in the mental ward she calls home. With nowhere else to turn, Snow finds herself drawn to a strange new orderly who whispers secrets in the night about a mysterious past and a kingdom that’s hers for the taking—if only she can find her way past the iron gates to the Tree that has been haunting her dreams.
Beyond the Tree lies Algid, a land far away from the real world, frozen by a ruthless king. And there too await the River Witch, a village boy named Kai, the charming thief Jagger, and a prophecy that Snow will save them all. -Goodreads.com
Brianna has read Danielle Paige’s other stories but I opened this book before she could get the chance. Maybe…maybe I AM a book theif O.o
What I Liked
- Okay, yes, as always I LOVE the cover of Stealing Snow. I love the colors and the mirror on the front. The font is super pretty too (I LOVE font!)
- Stealing Snow was SUPER magical. Almost everything was full of magic, well written magic and what wasn’t magical had color of its own. Everything in the world of Stealing Snow was different as well as unique. I guess this part could be a spoiler (?) Snow ends up with snow magic. She really reminds me of the white witch from Huntsman Winters War. I haven’t seen the movie but I could see Snow being a lot like her or like Elsa from Frozen. A very intense Elsa…Her winter magic is super cool and I love how it’s written. End spoiler.
- There were several plot twists I didn’t see coming! I only guessed on correctly.
What I Didn’t Like
- Sometimes the plot of Stealing Snow confused me. I felt like there were parts that jumped around but maybe it was me and my trailing mind. Another thing that confused me was Snow’s love interest. She kept just flying back and forth between the guys and her love for them didn’t seem very real. In fact, none of her relationships felt real to me. Snow would leave one group of people and her mind wouldn’t go back to them, then suddenly she’d care again. I don’t know, they just didn’t seem real. To me, it seemed like Snow was trying to convince herself that she loves this character but I didn’t feel it.
- Another HUGE complaint I have is that I thought Stealing Snow was really REALLY slow. This is more of a personal opinion but it took a while for the action to start. It took a while for the story to get to the point, for the plot to get moving. I almost stopped reading Stealing Snow because little to nothing happened in the beginning.
- Stealing Snow was okay overall. It was pretty boring and the relationships didn’t seem real. BUT BUT BUT the next book seems super promising.