I don’t know how I did it, but I managed to finish Empire of Storms in three days… oh wait, I know how I finished it so fast. EMPIRE OF STORMS WAS SO GOOD I COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN! I could not stop thinking about it, it was THAT good. I’ve read a lot of books in my life (obviously) but EOS is my all time favorite now, yes it beats Illuminae!
I can’t believe I’d ever say a book beats Illuminae and Crown of Midnight. This is WITCH CRAFT.
Warning: possible spoilers ahead. I’m like 99% sure nothing I said here is a spoiler, but be warned just in case. I am 100% this has NO Empire of Storm spoilers, just spoilers for previous Throne of Glass books.
~ Summary from goodreads.com ~
The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those don’t.
As the kingdoms of Erilea fracture around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear.
Aelin’s journey from assassin to queen has entranced millions across the globe, and this fifth installment will leave fans breathless. Will Aelin succeed in keeping her world from splintering, or will it all come crashing down?
What I Liked
- Recently, I found Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows to be slow, and a bit boring at times 😦 sadly… BUT Empire of Storms was the exact opposite, I was surprised with how fast paced, intense, and action packed the book was from page one. Every chapter ended with a cliff hanger, every page was crazy and wonderful and I just can’t even believe a book this amazing happened! Throne of Glass is my favorite series, Empire of Storms just solidified that. There were NO dull moments, now when does that happen? It was like every page was an explosion, every reveal had me gasping. OH MY GOSH, this book was SO good. In short: EOS was EPIC and MEMORABLE.
- Sarah J. Maas is an amazing writer, but I might be biased because I love TOG and third person. Empire of Storms was very detailed, but not overly detailed if you know what I mean. The scenes were dark and detailed enough to make me gasp. Guys, I LITERALLY shouted out loud while reading this, some of the things that happen in this book are so exciting, so terrifying, so heart pounding, so GOOD. I kid you not, it is worth all (nearly) 700 pages.
- The new monsters in this are freeeaaaky. I LOVE it, bad guys should be like this (in my opinion). Bad guys should be evil and the hero should struggle to defeat them. I really don’t like final battles that end quickly, Empire of Storms delivered some epic scenes, some horrifying monsters. What a great story!
- This book had some serious squad goals, I wish I had a group of friends like this! Talk about loyalty and friendship. I love good friendships in books, EOS has some serious friendship goals.
- It’s official, Manon is the best. She is my new favorite, well, her and Lysandra and Elide and Lorcan… and well… everyone. But I do like Manon now.
- Speaking of characters, OH MY GOSH. Character development. My goodness, my feelings for nearly everyone have changed, the events in past books actually take a toll on the characters… It’s really interesting to see them change.
- The ending was insane! It was so incredible it’s my new favorite ending ever, talk about fantastic! No spoilers.
What I Didn’t Like
- The only thing I didn’t like about Empire of Storms was the romance, there was too much of it. I know that these characters love each other and all, but they have to win this. The world is at stake, there is no time for these shenanigans. But I am also a bit biased because I don’t like romance, not the “steamy” kind. *shudders*
Fable’s Final Thoughts
If you are reading Throne of Glass, FINISH IT! Empire of Storms will blow you away, it will make you gasp, it will make you bite your nails. It is THAT good.