I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review, this does NOT change my opinion on Passenger.
Well. Passenger is, was, one of my most anticipated 2016 books which does but doesn’t say a lot. I have a TON of 2016 books I am SUPER excited to read, Passenger was one that I was excited for but unsure about. I was not a fan of Alexandra Bracken’s other book The Darkest Mind (read my review here!) even though I will be finishing the series… I don’t know what to say about this book so, MINI REVIEW TIME!
- This book starts off GREAT! The intro to the time travel idea was INCREDIBLE, the beginning was actiony, and fast paced and exactly what I wanted.
- …. the further I got, the less interested I was. This book was boring to me, I’m not exactly sure why. Passenger did not hold my interest like I wanted it too 😦 Nothing happened. There was very little action, too many rules and wayyy to much family feud info. It felt like an info dump to me *hides*
- I wasn’t a fan of the characters. I did like Etta and Nicholas, they just felt bland to me. Maybe I read this book at the wrong time? A good thing about the characters was the diversity! DIVERSIIIITTTYYYY.
- They could time travel… but only with permission (kinda?). To me that stinks, A LOT. The Grandfather idea (not spoiling what I’m talking about) was boring, and to put it frankly, I didn’t enjoy it.
- I DID enjoy the different worlds, well you know, time periods they visited :D. Alexandra Bracken did a great job transitioning between worlds.
SEE MATT SMITH AGREES*
*Note: I don’t know if he agrees or not 😦
Other than that, Passenger didn’t make me feel anything. It left me feeling disappointed :(. So far though I have the unpopular opinion here so I don’t know, try it if you want. If you’re a fan of Alexandra Bracken, you’d probably like this one 🙂