Since 2016 is SO quickly approaching, the time for Reading Challenges IS HERE. This year we planned to do… a reading challenge… I don’t remember what it was though so… *hides*
But 2016 will (hopefully heh O_O”) be different. I am signing up for 3, which isn’t too bad since one is commenting :). Here they are:
*hint: the titles are links to the creators pages :).*
I am going to be using this hand dandy list to keep track of what books are and AREN’T debut 🙂 LIST IS HERE!!
- You must post your thoughts on each debut book you read in order for it to count towards the challenge. You can post anywhere: your blog, Goodreads, Amazon, YouTube, Tumblr, etc.
- You can join the challenge whenever you want.
- The debuts must have a publishing date in 2016 and must have been read between January 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017 (this extra month allows readers adequate time to read December debuts) in order to count.
- Each review gives you an entry into the monthly prize pack drawings. Make sure you post the links to my monthly link-ups. I always post these link-ups on the first day of the month.
- This challenge is open internationally, as are the monthly prize packs.
- I don’t care what language you write your reviews in, I just need to know which book you have reviewed so I can verify your entry. When you post your link, please include the title in English.
- Use the hashtag #2016DebAuthC so we can all see what everyone’s up to!
Which Books Count:
- The book must be classified as a middle grade, young adult, or new adult title.
- The book must be a full-length novel. Novellas do not count.
- The book must be the author’s MG/YA/NA 2016 debut. (If the author has published adult fiction before, but this is their first MG/YA/NA book EVER it still counts. If the author has published a YA book before and this is their first MG or NA book, it does not count. We are reading the author’s first book for young people, excluding picture books.)
- Self-published books do not count, so if the author has self-published a MG/YA/NA book before and this is their first book published by a traditional publisher it counts toward the challenge.
- ARCs are fine, but only if you read them the year they are published. (If you read a 2016 debut in 2015, it does not count. If you read a 2017 debut in 2016, it does not count. This way, participants who do not have access to ARCs are not at a disadvantage.)
- Since this challenge is International, some books will be debuts in some countries and not in others. This can be tricky and put some books into a gray area, so here’s what we will do. If the book came out this year in your country for the first time, even though it was available elsewhere, then you can count it.
- Please feel free to tweet, email, etc. me if you do not know if a book counts or not. I am happy to help you.
I am HOPING to read at least 12, but I’d like to shoot for 20 if possible at ALL XD. I have a TON of debut books I am SUPER excited for so maybe I could do it :).
- To read a minimum of 1 book per month you already own (published book). This challenge is totally what YOU make of it! You can do 5 books a month, 10, WHATEVER! Anything you accomplish is fantastic. This challenge is really what you make of it.
I am aiming for a low 1 book a month, I know that is suuuuuch a low goal. BUT I honestly don’t have that many books that I own that I haven’t read yet :). So I’ll try to finish off my few remaining books. I;ll give a list later.
Comment on a blog every day!
I will be using Nori’s master list to visit bloggers :).
That about sums it up! What challenges are you participating in? Anything you are super excited for :)?