Well everyone…it’s over. One of my most anticipated books of the year is done. I just finished it, maybe I cried a few tears, maybe I sat in awe for a few seconds. Maybe…but it’s now over.
What I Liked
- Everything about The Game of Lives rose the stakes. There were bigger battles and bigger consequences. The final battle was by far my favorite, it was chilling, horrifying, awesome all at once. James Dashner wrote the last battle so well you could see the scene like it was a movie. The whole series was like one AWESOME action movie in my head and that’s why I LOVED this series so much.
- Some parts where quite eerie because people now know who Michael is, and how they react to that is quite creepy.
- One of my FAVORITE things about The Game of Lives was the fact that the main characters kept making The Maze Runner jokes. I thought it was so cool and funny. They said they were like Cranks and things like that and I loved that a lot.
- The Games of Lives brings a whole bunch of new virtual reality ideas to the table. Kaine’s evil plan is genius and a bit terrifying all at once. His mission is something I didn’t see coming, it would be interesting if it happened in our world, and was (like I said) new. His idea was good but crazy all at once because of multiple reasons.
What I Didn’t Like
- Sadly, The Game of Lives was a bit slow and boring at times. Their conversations lasted FOREVER and it was slow. Other than that, I LOVED it!
In A Nutshell:
- Originally I was going to give The Game of Lives three stars out of five. But once the ending hit and I closed the last page I looked up at the world and almost cried. The ending was perfect, I couldn’t have asked for a better closing, that’s why I gave it four stars out of five. I highly recommend this series and this book, but it’s best if you start with book one 🙂 you should so give it a try!