I received this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review!
Need was one of Brianna’s books I found myself reading so, going in I had no expectations other t han Need was going to be explosive and thrilling all at once. Was it good? Was it thrilling? Did Need fit the expectations I needed?
What I Personally Liked:
- I wanted Need to be this fast-paced thriller and it was, but it didn’t start that way. I almost didn’t want to finish it but I kept pushing on, I had hope that something would happen. And something did happen! Actually, a lot of events took place after you get through about 40% of the book.
- The whole idea of Need is so unique, it shows what desperate people will do to get what the desire most. It’s thrilling at some points, action packed at other, it’s horrifying to see how far some characters go to get what they want. I found this to be quite awesome idea that was pretty believable, there were some things they did that made me wonder if a real person would really go that far to get that prize. I dunno maybe people would do such a thing for a gift such as that? Still it was sweeeeeet.
- I thought the enemy’s motivation was a bit lame (read point below) but I NEVER SAW IT COMING! And when the bad guy/girl/it came in the whole thing got pretty intense. PRETTY DANG INTENSE!
What I Did Not Enjoy:
- Really I enjoyed Need but it was SO hard to get through all 10 points of views. I kept getting confused on who was who and what happened when. Eventually it made more sense yet there were some points where I was frustrated, what happened to so and so five chapters ago? I don’t know, it was too long ago 😦 I’m okay with multiple points of views BUT I think 10 is a bit excessive. Still you get used to it, especially when it picks up pace!
- Well the bad guy/gal/it (not gonna spoil it!) had a pretty lame motivation but hey, you win some you lose some. Maybe I just didn’t understand why she/he/it planned it. I could’ve gone for a more devious enemy. Ah well.
- Need wasn’t quite what I expected but it was still pretty good. There was some definite thrill, heart pounding intense moments and it shows how far people would go to get what they want.