I received this book for free because I’m part of the Sunday Street Team, this does not effect my review at all!
Never Never sounded like the perfect book for my sister or I. Who doesn’t love retellings? Who doesn’t love Peter Pan? CRAZY PEOPLE THAT’S WHO! (I’m not being serious xD but I’ve always liked Peter Pan and his story of Neverland. That and Peter Pan is evil, what gets better than that?
I mean come on look at this face!
LOOK AT IT! ARE YOU LOOKING?!?!?!? ARE YOU?!?!?! DOESN’T THIS SCREAM EVILNESS TO YOU?!?
What I Liked:
- The writing is absolutely beautiful and creates a wondrous movie within your head. The details and description set the story and make the world ten thousand times better, and I LOVED it a lot!
- Never Never is a magical journey from the first page to the very last, I couldn’t ask for a more magically written story of Peter Pan.
- I couldn’t feel Hook’s anger towards Peter (see below) buuuuuuuuuuut there were some horrifying, blood boiling parts with Peter in it. Parts where I could kind of see how Hook viewed him, just not as much as I really wanted.
What I Didn’t Like:
- One of the biggest problems I had with Never Never was that I did not connect with any of the characters at all. I felt like the relationships were fake, I couldn’t feel Hooks anger and hatred towards Peter either, which I was a bit sad for. I understand why he was upset with Peter I just didn’t feel
- The story, for some reason, felt kind of slow 😮 I can’t say why due to spoilers…
In A Nutshell:
- Never Never was definitely magical ride, it’s not exactly what I wanted but still you should give it a try!