WOW. Okay. I heard about this book from The Bookish Dame and knew I had to read it. At first I was hesitant, don’t hate me okay, I just didn’t like the cover 😄 However, after picking it up and looking at the cover up close, it is pretty!
BUT WOWWWWWWW WOWWWWWW WOWWWWW O_O This book blew my mind!
What I liked
- This book. OH GOODNESS this book was written really well. I loved how the author wrote the main characters voice, and how she gradual gave us hints as too how everything all adds up. Every chapter led up to what happened in the band room with her brother, and I did NOT see it coming!
- SPOILER SPOILERS SPOILER MAJOR SPOILER! Damage Done is the first book I ever read with an unreliable narrator, SIGN ME UP! I did NOT see that one coming whoooa!
- I don’t want to sound horrible, but I like it when bad characters freak me out. I’d rather have some freaky, life threatening character than a minor, not so bad villain. What her brother did was NOT right at all, I’m not saying that. What I am saying is that he scared the living day lights out of me.
What I didn’t like
- The relationships in this book felt forced, maybe that’s just me… The main characters romance (did she love him? I don’t even know!) didn’t feel real. It felt like he was just there to give her someone to love, so yeah, that disappointed me! I didn’t feel the love 😄
- Maybe I’m nutty, which could be the case, but why did her family change their name and move from the Southern part of her state to the Northern part? Like what the heck! If you want to go somewhere where not one knows your name, move to a different state or country!
In a nutshell
I am so glad that I finally decided to read this book. Damage Done is all sorts of creepy and is written so well it might freak you out as much as it freaked me out! Which is a lot. If you’re into mystery, contemporary stories, you’d probably enjoy Damage Done, just saying.