Top Ten Books That Would Be On MY Syllabus If I Taught AWESOMENESS FACTOR 101!!!!
You heard me people. I am your new teacher for Awesomeness Factor 101, don’t bother looking it up because I am going to tell you about it anyways!
What is Awesomeness Factory 101?
Well it is exactly how it sounds! We will be reading 10 AWESOME YA books that I can’t stop obsessing over. Fan girl/boying allowed. A love for reading is required. You will enjoy this class or FAIL!
1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – As soon as this book comes out we WILL drop everything and read it immediately. This book includes all the science we need in our class *cough* in the fiction form *cough*! Evil AI, crazy diseases, and SPAAAAACE
2. Denton Little’s Deathdate by Lance Rubin– We need to laugh, this book despite the gloomy title is HILARIOUS. We must read about purple people.
3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – she is my favorite author so she is on this list. Nuff said.
4. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan– in order to learn more about Mythology, since it’s required and all, we will read and love Rick Riordan’s Camp Half Blood
5. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness– This cover glows in the dark, therefore we must read it. NO MY LOGIC IS NOT FLAWED! The Rest of Us Just Live Here is fantastic, it lets us know that it’s okay to not be the Chosen One. Amongst all the YA save the world books we must take a breather and BREATH :D! RIGHT!?
6. The Mortality Doctrine Series by James Dashner– Technology is a large part of our lives nowadays the Mortality Doctrine takes place in a virtual game where nothing is as it seems and a bad guy wants to demolish humanity. It’s an action packed, thrilling ride that screams awesomness and deserves waaaaayyyy more love than it gets 😀
7. Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan– was just a plain thriller book that had some chills and mystery we need that!
8. Half Bad by Sally Green– The main character goes through some great trials which some people may find strength in, or sorrow because it’s pretty dang sad! Plus the different types of writing styles Sally Green incorporates in Half Bad and Half Wild make this book ten thousand times awesomer not to mention unique!
9. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson– normal humans taking on bad super powered villains who hate humans? Sign me up RIGHT now!!!! Steelheart shows that normal people can do anything if they set their mind to it 🙂
10. How I Fall by Anne Eliot– the main character has cerebral palsy but doesn’t let that slow her down. Her life and attitude towards living and photography gives me hope in life that many other books don’t have.
So, how do you think that list was? What’s on your list? What is your list? We bet it’s-