I might have liked The Day Human Prince better if I realized it was a spinnoff of another series and had read said series. It would have been nice to know so I could have read that series first before reading this one. Yeah, this might be were the biggest disappointment lies. Everything was just ‘meh’ and it could have been better if I read the original series first. No wonder a lot of the characters seemed to not have much of a background, I mean there’s another series before this one! Biggest book pet peeve, not telling the reader what number it is in a series or if it’s even part of a series 😛
What I Didn’t Like:
- Are these Night Humans vampires of fairies or something in between? They drink blood and I don’t think go out during the day, but then they use spells and live in nature. They could be both, or neither, I’m not so sure.
- Switches point of view in the middle of a chapter but it tells you by using bolded letters, which is nice.
- I didn’t connect with the characters very much. They didn’t have much of a past, but that might be because it’s a spinnoff. 😛
- Devin seems to know too much as a Day Human, but ya know, the original series could have explained that.
- Things happened too easily.
What I Liked:
- I liked how they were like vampires and fairies but I wish they were one or the other.
- I liked the names, Day Humans and Night Humans.
- Kind of quick paced.
Well that’s what I thought of the book. Just because I didn’t like it, doesn’t mean you wont! I still think people should give it a chance, just read the original series first because it might make more sense…