I am so sad, so so so so sad. Red Queen was my most anticipated 2015 book along side Queen of Shadows, and Winter of course :)! The story sounded SUPER good but I couldn’t bring myself to finish it at the moment. One day I will comeback to finish it, right now I think I’m just not in the mood for this kind of story.
- While I loved parts of the book, I felt like nothing happened in the 200 pages I read. Other than Mare becoming a fake Silver and her learning how to act, she also constantly judged everyone.
- I did like the characters, but why are all the Silvers rude/evil/violent but Mavin and Cal aren’t?
- Mare didn’t annoy me, but in reality I feel like the things she does would have more consequence.
- The writing was good, Victoria Aveyard did a great job describing things and setting up the story.
- I couldn’t just sit down and read this, I kept getting a bit bored D:, the story didn’t hold my attention.
That’s why this is a mini review, I’m just not sure what else to say about Red Queen other than I am super sad I didn’t enjoy this book more!
Well I did read a lot of mixed reviews, so if I were you, I would give this one a chance :)!
I did find some cool quotes I liked…
“You better hide that heart of yours, Lady Titanos. It won’t lead you anywhere you want to go.”
“It’s nice to hear that I’m not completely alone in feeling out of place.”
“That’s something you should know about us Silvers. We’re always alone. In here, and here,” he says, pointing between his head and his heart.
“It keeps you strong.”