So I saw this post by A Kernel of Nonsense where there are Christmas songs with themes and you chose a character/book to fit that song, and I thought this seems like fun! Plus I adore Christmas and Christmas songs, oh and yes, can’t forget my endless love for literature as well haha.Here I go!
1. You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch – Name a villainous character you can’t help but love to hate.
Adora from Storm Siren by Mary Weber, oh my gosh Adora drove me crazy! She had a strange fashion sense that always set the mood, she was nuts I swear! Adora was always warning Nym to stay away from Eogan like she could stake a claim on a boy, gosh darn it Adora! STOP IT NOW! She was a good villain, crazy and evil but I disliked her a lot. In the ending of Storm Siren I knew in my heart that she was know officially my least favorite villain. I can’t think of any one but Adora, she just drove me crazy 😛
2. All I Want For Christmas Is You – What book do you most want to find under your Christmas tree this year?
Well since I took part in the Secret Santa hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, I kind of got the books I really wanted. But if I had to decide with a book that is coming out this year, I would adore owning The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson because I adored it or Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch!
3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – Name a favorite character that had to overcome a major obstacle. Why are they your favorite?
Only one, ONE? How could I choose just one, this is a toughy for me since I have a lot of favorite characters. If I had to chose just one… Either Jacob from by Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Ransom Riggs or Todd from The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, two of my favorite authors! Jacob and Todd basically both have to save the world, Jacob deals with time travel and magical kinds, Todd deals with crazy men and a… no spoilers 😉
Why do I like them so much?
Well I like them both because I liked the books. Jacob is smart, so is Todd. They both try to do as much as they can to help others even if it sometimes turns flat, I just adore them okay? Trust me on this one.
Now that I think of it, I really disliked Aaron in the Knife of Never Letting go, he was a very bad person same with all of the Peculiar Children villains…
4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – Which characters do you think are at the top of Santa’s “nice” and “naughty” list?
For the nice list… Frodo from The Hobbit and Jacob from the peculiar Children series .
For the naughty list… The Darkling from The Grisha Trilogy, Adora from Storm Siren, Smaug and Sauron from The Hobbit for sure!
5. Frosty the Snowman – What book just melts your heart?
Oh gosh. I think The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Hazel and Gus were just too adorable to me. Even if it wasn’t my favorite book, they were a cute couple and when that ending hit I cried. It melted my heart the way they loved each other so much, how they were there for each other through thick and thin, until the ending…
6. Feliz Navidad – Your favorite book that takes place in a country other than your own
Tigers Curse, Tigers Curse, Tigers Curse, did I mention Tigers Curse (by Colleen Houck)? No joke, I ADORED this book at first I thought it was kind of weird, a girl in love with a tiger? But oh my gosh, give this book a chance and it might steal your heart like it did to me. Note, I only read the first book so far but I am going to read the second as soon as I finish the Grisha Trilogy.
7. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – What book do you read to get in the Christmas spirit?
I’m not sure, I haven’t ever really read a book to get into the Christmas spirit before. I guess since I’m reading Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo right now, probably that book since it reminds me of winter and cold weather.
8. Sleigh Ride – What character would you most want to spend the holiday with?
August Waters from the Fault in Our Stars, I really liked him. He was one of my favorite literary characters ^^ I feel like Christmas with Isaac, Hazel and him would be so much fun.
9. Baby It’s Cold Outside – What book do you hate so much you’d sacrifice it to the fire to stay warm?
The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger no contest there.
10. Do You Hear What I Hear? – What book would you recommend to everyone?
I would recommend The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson, I really loved that book and the next one comes out next year so it’s a win win situation if you ask me.